Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Letter to 2009

Dear 2009,

I am writing this from one responsible adult to another in hopes of avoiding anymore "situations". Thus far, I feel you have been a real whore. Now I understand we are a mere month into you, yet already not only me, but loved ones as well as "the internets" have had some very trying times. If you don't mind, I would like to review, so you may attest to the whore-ery you have been inflicting.

Exhibit A: Was pregnant. Am no longer. You're a whore.

Exhibit B: Best friend from High School took her own life a few days ago and left behind 2 young children. You're a whore.

Exhibit C: Husband's work has already laid off, and may do so again, as well as my work having major cutbacks. (Yes, I work for family. No, that does not mean my job is easy, or guarenteed) So, again, you're a whore.

Exhibit D: Patiently awaiting my period. Not coming. Yet feel cramp-y and in general, Am a Bitch. Not getting my hopes up sooo......Yeah, you guessed it. You're a whore.

The list could go on, about how my dog suddenly must Lick! My! Socks! before I can get them on my feet, or that my husband has No! Dishwashing! Skills! but I feel that I must just ask to stop being all teenage angsty, and Get Over It. Please, from now on, be kind to my loved ones, be it family or internets. You're immedaite attention to this matter will be appreciated.

Kthanksbye
Kristen

3 comments:

STQ said...

Oh Kristen, I am so sorry to read all of this. It's a short year to have had such pain and loss already. Let's hope it's like ripping off a bandaid and all the pain will be at the beginning so the healing can begin. I am especially sad about Exhibit B. I had a brother-in-law commit suicide in November, and it's an incredible tragedy. Especially with 2 small children. I'll pray for you - and for Exhibit A too...I hardly know you, but I love your blog and wish only the best for you, my new internet friend. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, and yes I totally agree that 2009 is a whore to you. She should be punished severely unless she immediately changes her course for you.

Superisa said...

I am so happy to see you on here!!! I started my blog to keep the parents updated with baby stuff. You look beautiful in your wedding dress, congrats!!!