Friday, February 27, 2009

I have a girl crush....

So, Wednesday I went to the OB for the first time. I actually did not even meet with the doctor yet, just the nurses, whom I now have a crush on. Especially one. Her name is Denise. And she is super snarky, like moi. So I heart her.

She actually gave me a "freebie" ultrasound, so I would "Stop Whining". All looked good, and there is only one peanut in there. I am measuring a little off. I thought I was about 7 weeks, but I only measured 6w1d. I am told this is nothing to Freak! Out! Over!* Of course, I had to do all the normal** stuff as well. Like peeing in a cup, answering tons of questions (Am already a bad mom cause I don't have a peds Dr yet) and they took like 4 liters of blood.

I would post the ultrasound pic, but it is on the kitchen table, and I am parked on the couch, and Gah! That is soooo far away. Yes, I still suck at life. Sleeping is my favorite and it is still being interrupted by my stupid bladder. And don't get me started about my lack of a #2.... Pregnancy in the first trimester is NOT SEXY. My poor husband. First Trimester + Strep Throat = Unsexiness cubed.

Other than that, I go back to the OB on March 26th, and I should be about 10 weeks by then. Fingers Crossed. My boobs are huge-r than normal, and hurt way much bad. Like, if I move too fast I leave them behind, and that hurts like the devil. Am Whining. Am bitter. Am not going to stop for *Hopefully* 8 more months. :) Due date at this point is still October 11, 2009. Which, of course it is, because I am the Matron of Honor in Neighbor's Wedding, on October 17th. Baby is already f-ing up shop. Sounds like Baby will be a drama queen, like it's mother. (I would prefer not to have a little boy drama queen...)

In other news, Hooray for rain, and sun and warm weather. I will take anything other than snow. I now cry over ANYthing. Which is messy, since it is stupid things, like Adoption Stories, and Bass Master Tournaments and Oh! My! God! My little sister is graduating in May and Boo! Hoo! Hoo!!!! I am a train wreck. At least I am not crying over the weather now.

* Of course, I am still Freaking! Out! cause that is just how I roll. Cause if I had nothing to obsess over, what would I do?!?!?
**Anyone who knows me will understand that at times, I may not be aware of what is normal in certain instances, especially in college....

2 comments:

Jen said...

If you like yogurt, get some Activia. It will create much poo! Glorious poo!

Superisa said...

I'm glad to hear things are good. I was measuring a week behind when I was about 7 weeks pregnant and now measuring two weeks ahead. Try not to freak yourself out about it. The wedding thing made me laugh because I am in my sis-in-law's wedding like a month after pushing baby Hodge out so yeah, our babies suck at timing.