Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Myspace: The New Forum for Controversial Adult Issues!!

Yesterday, I deleted someone from Myspace. I probably feel way more guilty than is normal, or even necessary. But... You know me. Always so kind and sentimental. (From the girl who usually complains about cuddling after sex, cause Just Let Me Sleep Now! Gah!!!) Anyway, the reason for the deletion?? Because I finally realized that said friend, is a close-minded, holier than thou, immature idiot. (No Kristen, Tell me how you REALLY feel)

I have been "friends" with said idiot for several years. Childhood, school friends. Now, I am aware that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Yes, mine is the RIGHT opinion, but to each their own. (For anyone overly sensitive, that, my friends, is Sarcasm. Learn it, love it.) I do not approve, nor appreciate anything political and/or religious crammed down my throat. I have my beliefs, and those best suit me. You have yours. I do not lecture people on my beliefs, or even why I feel they are wrong in their beliefs. Okay, enough of the crap. Let's get to the reason said friend was deleted.

About a year ago, "friend" posted a Myspace Bulletin (Because that is obviously the correct forum for anything remotely serious/important/controversial) on Partial Birth Abortions. With! Pictures! No matter what your point of view is on abortions, is a Myspace Bulletin with graphic pictures necessary, or going to change any one's opinion?? (To clarify, I am ProChoice. I have very real beliefs, and respect everyone else's) So basically, said "friend" took her personal belief, and posted it on a public forum, a very inappropriate (At least, I think) forum.

So 2 or 3 days ago, she has posted another equally close-minded bulletin. This one?? Political. And again, to each their own. My husband and I voted for different candidates. I felt his choice was not the correct one. He felt the same about mine. We survived, with little to no Major! Election! Issues! ( I called him dumb, He called me dumb...and we were spent.) So I sign on to Myspace, and see a new Bulletin from the friend entitled "The Silver Lining to Having Obama in the White House". I was hoping for a funny post (i.e. Full Sentences Now, Not making up words....) But instead I was disgusted at the content. The gist is that Republicans as a whole, can see the silver lining because...Wait for it.... White People No Longer Have To Feel Guilty.

Wha?!?!?!? Yes, so not only has she made an asshat out of herself, for posting this, but to Republicans everywhere. My husband does not feel this way, nor does several of my friends with the same view. I, of course, am appalled. I am democrat, fairly liberal (Shocker, no?) and not racist. I feel this presidency SHOULD NOT be made into a race issue. Yet people like this, continue to do just that. Therefore, I am venting. If you hate this new president , that is your choice. But never have I told anyone they are WRONG in their beliefs. I do not agree with much organized religion, and consider myself Agnostic. Not Atheist, but agnostic. But my beliefs do not change who I am. I will always be sarcastic and bitchy, if I was democrat or republican, black or white. So tell me, am I the one who is wrong? Did I take this the wrong way, and make more out of it than I should have? Or do people like her need to know that posting content like that is not appreciated??

Okay, I am working 12 hour days all week, and am exhausted. I have another post to do, one with cute! toddler! pictures! about our weekend we babysat our friends 16 month old daughter. (Our dog is Not A Fan of Baby Cuteness!) Until then, Remember to Spay or Neuter your Dog or Cat. Kthanksbye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you at all, and you and I actually have separate beliefs and I still see your side!
I consider myself a "liberal republican" (if there even is such a thing?). While my beliefs stray more to the Republican side, I still have very liberal ideas and I almost feel like a mutt stuck in the middle not knowing which way to go. LOL!
While I'm Catholic and Pro-Life, I have never, not ever crammed that down someone else's throat - including my own sister who had 2 abortions in her teenage years.
I live my beliefs and allow others to live theirs and it sounds like - even though you and I disagree - we DO agree on that one point.
I don't blame you for deleting her and though I would feel immensely guilty too - I totally would have done it too!

STQ said...

I agree with you on the Obama comment, and I'm a Republican! I didn't vote for the man, but I am the first to say that although we disagree ideologically (did I spell that right??), he is a very smart, driven, accomplished and impressive guy. Pulled himself up by his own bootstraps and made something very impressive of his life from very meager beginnings. I think it is demeaning to HIM to say it's got anything to do with his race. I have heard from more than one person that I was RACIST not to vote for him. Ummmm, sorry, folks. MY VOTE had nuthin to do with his race, but thanks for playing. I am sad that even though we have crossed this incredible milestone in our country's history, the race card is still an issue.