Tuesday, November 4, 2008

You're not pregnant YET?!?!

Okay, let the fun (and baby-making!!) begin.

Jay and I are now married (Oct. 4, 2008) and have decided to begin trying to get pregnant as soon as possible. Of course, this is our "little secret". We really have not shouted it from the roof-tops.....and yet.... Already we are being asked about children. Really?!?!? We have been married 1 month today.

And I? Am probably not a baby-making machine. For several reasons. Reason one? I am fat-ish. Not like, can't climb a set of stairs, knock over things with my ass. But this fat girl only runs for one thing. And that is the Ice Cream truck.

Reason two? My family does not have an easy time with this whole baby-making process. Getting knocked up is not easy for us, not is the pregnancy.

And the third, and quite possibly biggest stumbling block. I have Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which makes "getting and staying pregnant difficult". So I have already conditioned myself for worse-case senario. I am on my meds (Metformin) and have baby fever. But I also don't have pie in the sky hopes of informing the family at Christmas that we are expecting (But who knows? Jay's family procreates like rabbits....)

So this is the beginning of our journey, and we have no idea how long it will take, or how it will end. Already I have run into the questions about when we are having kids, and also the AWESOME advice people give such as "It happens when you least expect it", "Just don' t try and it will happen", and the best "If it is meant to be, it will happen". So thanks for all of that.

I have not dealt with the false hope, or failure, or even trying for a year with nothing, and already I am ready to punch someone in the weeiner and/or face for saying these stupid things. I have no idea how I will continue to deal with this if it is a struggle.

So, for now, Newlywed Sex!! and lots of it. (And we will be all relaxed about it, to see if that helps of course.....)

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

People who make comments about pregnancy status should be shot. Seriously.

And dude? I'll totally be back soon.