Thursday, November 6, 2008

Will leave husband for Boston Market

I had to ask myself at about 9pm last night, are we really ready for kids?!?! (And by we, I mean my husband....)

We are both IN LOVE with Boston Market. As in I would have no problem with him banging the drive-thru girl if we get extra mashed potatoes...Anyway. Last night I am at work, and he is home (on his 7 days off. Who has a work schedule like that? Seriously.) and mention that Boston Market sounds good. He agrees, then says he will go get some and be home when I get home from work. Nice guy, right? Except Boston Market is an hour away. (I am thinking he may be the guy to have around if I get those crazy prego cravings, huh?) Ooookay. I let him go. He has the time, I want chicken and potatoes. No down side here.

I just get home from work, take the dog out, visit the neighbor, blah blah blah, my phone rings. It is husband. "Girlfreind, this is the best day EVER!!!" He screams.

I, of course, being of sound mind (usually) am a bit taken aback, for a few reasons.

Reason #1: We have just gotten married and went on a fabulous honeymoon. We had a great time. And that was not the best day ever.....

Reason #2: He is an AVID fisherman. Could fish for 7 days straight. He has won big tournaments, brought in good prize money, and caught "the big one". Yet, none of those were the best day ever....

Reason #3: I am dramatic, loud, offensive, bitchy (the list could go on, but I am merely proving a point.) He is the yin to my yang. Mellow, easygoing, quiet. Nothing gets him excited. Nothing. He could be on fire, and not care.

So when I get a phone call that "This was the best day EVER!!!", I am curious. I ask, why is that, dear?

His answer blows my mind.

"I pulled up to the drive-thru at Boston Market, and ordered the meal for 4 (Because I? Love Boston Market. Shut up with the Fat jokes. Asshat.) and that girl at the window, she told me that if I bought the meal for 4, she would give me A WHOLE SECOND CHICKEN FOR $1.99!!!!!

That is what got him sooo excited? Yes. He got a second chicken for $1.99. It is obviously the simple things in life that he appreciates. I could not bring myself to tell him that it was a daily special, and the window worker did not just think he was cute and cut him a deal. Poor guy.

He is so excited about his damn 2nd chicken, he had to hang up with me, because he almost rear-ended someone. So, if anyone almost had a truck in their trunk last night, it was my husband. Sorry. But he got a chicken FOR ONLY $1.99!!!! That gives you the right to drive like a douche...

Other than that amazingly stupid story, nothing happening on the homefront. I talked to my employer yesterday about wanting to start a family. (Any my employer? Is my father....Good times....) He tried to act all tough, then just about cried. (I think he needs medicated....the rest of my family is...Hooray for happy pills!!) Busy weekend ahead. I have no idea why we have 47 things going on every weekend, and yet we do. I think I may go take a nap now... ;)

1 comment:

STQ said...

You are hilarious, girl! Love the chicken story (and we love Boston Market too). I found your blog via several others...you know how that goes! I'm prayin' for ya in the pregnancy department. It took us 6 months to conceive, and it seemed like a REALLY LONG TIME! But, we now have an 11 year old boy who is perfect in every way...well you know what I mean! Keep blogging - you write very well and made me laugh out loud!