Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Psychic or Doctor? I choose.....PSYCHIC!!

I went to the doctor today (for a second opinion of course. I am putting most, if not all of my stock into the psychic) for a routine check-up and the all clear on baby-making.

She switched my meds (Now on Zoloft instead of Wellbutrin, since it is much better to be taking if I should become pregnant....Yes, am crazy, but am medicated for it. ) and kept me on the metformin and also added prenatal vitamins. (She informed me she wanted to start me on them now, as is normal when women are trying to concieve....I zoned out after that cause I could think of was how awesome my hair and nails are going to look!!!)

Anyway, we did blood work (and she insisted she do a pregnancy test.... Am concerned doctor wants to dash my hopes early on) and talked about what to do and not to do when trying to get pregnant. Losing weight was not a shocker, but she also informed me that if I was doing any recreational drugs, I should stop. Really?? So that line of coke in your bathroom was a bad choice if I want to get knocked up? I am incredibly naive* but must wonder how many crackheads go to the doctor and ask how best to get pregnant. Perhaps I am the minority here.

So now I have started all my new meds, been taken off my wonderful painkillers for my back (sob) and have been given the green light for baby-making. She also told me I could buy the ovulation kits, to see when the best time to-ahem "baby-make" would be. But then informed me that being newlyweds and all "we may not want to make intercourse so clinical, so soon". Thank you for that. I will leave my turkey baster in the kitchen. I will have my results from blood work soon, hopefully showing everything is normal. Until then, we should "keep at it" and if we are not pregnant this time next year, we will look into why. Am I wrong to not want to wait that long to see if there is going to be a problem? Thank god the psychic said March, or I would have been really mad.

And so for now, we are going to enjoy married life. Like tonight we are going grocery shopping, then I am coming home to make bread. When did I get so old and sucky??

* So totally naive in fact, that I was attempting to be cool, and may have used the term "dime bag" in a sentence. My husband had to explain to me that not only do they not sell or use dime bags anymore, but it makes me look even more naive- if that is at all possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, you were dead on with the eight-ball.

Jen said...

If you need a reliable third opinion, there is always Google.