Saturday, January 30, 2010

Turbans and Tests...A fun day out.

Ever had one of those moments? Like the "Oh Crap!" kind of moments? Like, just for example, making an appointment with your neurologist to have an EEG.... at 7am?!?!?!? The fact that I have to wake, shower, and be there by 7am, did not hit me until we got in the car. Then, I had my moment. What was I thinking?? I don't DO morning. EVER.

But anyway, I went to see the neurologist on Tuesday. He wore a turban. It was green. At one point, during the examination, it was almost in my mouth. Awkward. And gross. He talked to us. He checked my reflexes. He asked how often I had the headaches. He looked in my eyes with a flashlight (this would be when his green turban was resting on mah nose). He called us back into his office.

He then dropped the bomb. He wanted me to have an EEG. Just to be safe, but he is sure the headaches? Yeah, they are caused by stress and anxiety. Yup, tension migraines. That is right folks. Am a drama queen. Have been giving mahself headaches. Needed a freaking brain doctor to inform me that I AM CRAZY. Nice.

So I actually had the prescription for the anti-anxiety meds filled. (I didn't start taking them earlier because I thought that I was doing much better.... and because I am a Doctor. Obviously)

This is all just really hard for me to swallow. I think mainly because I have a hard time admitting I have anxiety. Maybe because I have dealt with it for so long that I think it is normal. I had no idea what anxiety entailed. I figured I have never had a panic attack, so obviously, I am anxiety free! FAIL. Apparently, being unable to sleep cause you can't "turn your mind off" would be anxiety. Who knew? So now, more meds. (And I really hate taking all these meds while pregnant)

Other than that, Wiley Guy is busy, busy, busy. A few days ago, I swear he was rearranging his room. He was getting some stuff done. He gets really active at night, and also after I eat. Like his Mama, he loves eating :) He also enjoys Dr. Pepper!! It is so neat that he already has some sort of personality... Like, he is a night owl. Which runs in my family. I just hope he enjoys sleeping in as much as I do as well. :) Right now, minus the migraines, pregnancy is pretty amazing. Yes, I am uncomfortable. Yes, my back hurts. But yes, it will be worth it!

Also starting to think about the nursery and shower... (Finally let myself start planning. I put it off for so long because WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENED?!?!?) But I am sucking it up and planning. I can't wait until the baby comes to decorate the nursery. We picked our theme (Puppies!!!) and I am slowly buying some things and starting to register. But I still have moments where anxiety gets the best of me, and I have to take a step back. 23 weeks, 3 days and still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Luckily my husband is amazing, and my Mama knows just when to tough love me, and just when to take me shopping! So for now, baby steps. And I have decided to STOP WATCHING all the "OMG I am pregnant and THIS HAPPENED to my BAYBEE" shows. Cause that is not helping AT ALL.

2 comments:

Superisa said...

Hey chicka I hope things are going well. I just wanted to let you know that I was put on anti-anxiety meds the month after Evan was born and I went through all the emotions of what the hell is wrong with me. Now I am able to focus better and be calm in stressful situations which is essential with psycho baby crawling around. Good luck and I promise you'll be glad to have those meds in a couple months!

STQ said...

I sure hope the meds work - it's awful to have a hangnail while you're pregnant, much less a MIGRAINE!!! Awwwww. So sorry you are having such a hard time. Glad we bloggers can be there for you (when we take the time to read blogs, dontcha know). I'll bet you are going to be feeling like a million bucks soon. And puppies are SO FREAKIN CUTE!! :) Happy gestating...keep your adoring public in the loop!