Friday, January 9, 2009

It was the BEST of Holidays, It was the WORST of Holidays....

Again, sorry for the neglect. This time, I feel it was needed. Because, though I do not have a "following" no one wants to read woe is me. So I will wallow in my own self pity for a bit, then I will go back to being Sarcastic, Bitchy Kristen. Deal?

So, I found out that some people are just more in tune with my body than I am. Maybe cause I don't like my body much, I just seem to ignore it. Ignore the signs. Putting on weight? Eh, it's the holidays. Being bitchy? Eh, that is just me. Sleeping all the time? What can I say, sleeping is my favorite. And I was a week late.... But I have just been stressed..... Wait..... Could I really be.....

On December 31st, I did decide to take "The Test". And came back with "Are you shitting me, no way" Positive. The next 2 tests were positive as well. I was knocked up. You know, the girl who has decided she is not a "Baby Making Machine". Husband and I rejoiced. (As did neighbor, and immediate family) It was early on, we did not want to get too excited , BUT OH MY GOD WE'RE PREGNANT!!!

Unfortunately, we miscarried the following Sunday. Went to Dr. on Tuesday, and confirmed that we had been pregnant, but no longer were. Heart-break ensued. We had prepared ourselves for this. (As much as possible, which is easier said than done.) We are taking it one day at a time. We are looking at the positive. We got pregnant. We are able to conceive. That is a plus. It was such a big question mark before, but now we know.

So, even though this was crushing, we know it is possible. It blows, way bad, but there is a silver lining, right? So that is my woe is me tale of the best and worst holidays. Now, back to my normal dazzling self.

Christmas was great. Husband and I got to see all sides of our families, and spend time with each other. My parents bought us a wii, and much fishing ensued. (We ARE country folk. I also got Carhartt Bibs and Jacket from Husband. And Yes, I did ask for them!) Jay now knows why I cried/yelled every 2 hours in the week or so leading up to Christmas, and why I was so nasty and bitter the day Brother graduated. (Hello! I just needed food and sleeeeep!!)

After going through this I now know why I married Jay, and love him more than ever. He has been a rock, and I know, deep down inside, it has not been easy for him. We are dealing with this together. So I will try to remember that when I want to punch him in the face cause he is a COMPLETE IDIOT. We can't all be prefect, right?

I wish I had a super story full of The Awesome to balance out this teenage-angsty post, but it has been a fairly solemn past few days. And my mind does not recall what happened much before that. I suck. I know. But I can say that OMG, the psychic was TOTALLY right. Pregnancy by March, perhaps a loss of pregnancy. So I am of course planning on our first child being a girl, cause that IS what he said. Back to Baby Making. Apparently we are doing SOMETHING right.

5 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

I'm so sorry, Kristen. I've been there before and I know how it hurts.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry sweetheart. I really am. I've been ttc for a year and a half and I can imagine that the feeling of "we CAN actually do it" must have been wonderful. Hold on to that. You CAN and you WILL again, very soon. My psychic says that January IS my month...oh please God. I'll be checking back in on you in the future. Best of luck!

STQ said...

Oh, and I put you on my blogroll - hope that's ok. If you'd rather I didn't, let me know.

baseballmom said...

So sorry, girl. I came from Becky's site, and I, too know how it hurts, but it took my six years to have my second so hang in there...it will come.

Jen said...

So, I picked a piss poor time to get behind on my Google Reader.

Sorry, Kristen. That sucks a big fat fattie.