Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Freaking Holidays.....

So yesterday was my only day off in 2 weeks. And I had to get up at the god awful hour of 6:45am. Why? Why would I do that? A better question is, Why would anyone, knowing how nasty I am, make me get up that early? Because my Brother In Law gradumatated from college yesterday. And college is 2 hours away. And the ceremony began at 10am. Ouchtown.

So I poured myself out of my nice, cozy, warm bed and into the shower. I proceeded to get dressed, then have a fit about my outfit (Cause I am fat-ish. Remember?) and put on something else. Get all ready. Hair fixed, clean underwear, the whole nine yards. Then sit around and wait on my husband. Cause apparently he is a girl and takes longer to get ready.... He comes down, and I gesture to my outfit and ask him "Well?" His romantic, newlywed answer? "Yeah, that will do." I told him to "Try again" So he tells me "Um, yeah, you look pwetty". This would be why I do not get dressed up often.

We make it to the campus (somehow ahead of my in-laws, who left before us...but that is a whole different bitch fest....) and find our nose-bleed seats. Chris was seated with the other graduates, and they called his name, so I guess he really did graduate.

We did some Christmas shopping. Why did we shop on a Saturday in a large town two-weeks before Christmas? Because we are morons. I hate the mall in December. People just get stupid, and rude (I am usually one of the rude people, but only after a group of 7 old ladies feel the need to stop in the middle of the aisle to catch up. MOVE!!!)

Anyway, my shopping is about 1/2 done, our Christmas tree (If you could call it that. Hubby went by himself as I was at work, and brought home a real Peanuts tree.) is up and decorated. Minus the tree topper, cause it will not fit. Not surprised. I am getting ready to go wrap gifts, with the help of my German Shepard puppy, I'm sure. She really tries to be involved in everything. She is hanging out with Daddy right now, or she would be helping me type right now. Very Helpful....

My neighbor has decided I am pregnant because I have been so nasty this past week. I informed her "No, I am just a Bitch". Sad but true. There was a lot of eye-rolling and tounge biting yesterday, but I did keep my cool and not kill anyone. That is good, right? I usually love Christmas, love buying gifts, and decorating, and, in general, giving. But this year? I am not feeling it. I don't know if I was so streesed before the wedding that I don't feel like doing anything or what. But I am a major Scrooge this year. Bah Humbug!

No comments: